Job Description Optimizer
Instructions: Use our Optimizer to help identify requirements that a remote job description should include to ensure expectations are clear and remote standards meet business goals.
Brainstorm your answers to the questions and use this as a as a guide for optimizing the job description to include Remote-Relevant wording.
Example: All remote employees must have proficiency with remote business communication tools such as email, instant messaging, video conferencing, video calling, etc.
Suggestion: Specify number or types of artifacts produced, number of clients interactions, tasks or projects completed within a certain time frame, etc.
Example: “Employees are expected to utilize the project management tool to track daily completed tasks.
- Ability to prioritize
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent time management
- Works well as part of a team
- Maintains integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
- Professional communication skills (written and verbal)
- Self-starter who takes initiative
- Thoughtful decision making
- Planning and organizational skills
- Internal emails and phone calls from co-workers
- Emails and phone calls from supervisor
- Customer emails and phone calls
- Request from supervisor to join a video confernece
- Sales emails
- Phone calls
- Internal instant messaging from co-workers
Apply your answers to the questions, suggestions, and examples above as a starting point for optimizing the job description to include Remote-Relevant wording.